Do you show these signs of aging?
- Less radiant skin tone? Looking dull?
- Fine vertical lines around the mouth?
- Rough skin texture?
- Scars from trauma, acne, or chickenpox?
The vampire facial, also known as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy, is a cosmetic procedure that utilizes a patient's own blood to promote skin rejuvenation and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What is the Vampire Facial Process?
- Blood Draw: A small amount of blood is drawn from the arm.
- Processing of Blood: The blood is placed in a centrifuge that separates the platelets from the rest of the blood.
- Microneedling: PRP is applied to the skin, and then the microneedling device is used to create tiny punctures. These tiny punctures, also known as "micro-injuries," stimulate the body's natural healing process and collagen production. The tiny punctures also help to deliver the PRP deeper into the skin and enhance its absorption.
- Post-treatment care: At MedAesthetics, we will guide you in choosing the right products for your skin that will maintain your results. We will also create a treatment plan for you that will often include an integrative approach using a mix of other professional treatments to achieve your best result.
- Follow-up: A follow-up appointment may be scheduled to evaluate the results and determine if additional treatments are needed.
What are the Benefits of a Vampire Facial?
- Stimulating collagen production: PRP is rich in growth factors that can help to stimulate the production of collagen, which is a protein that gives the skin its structure and elasticity.
- Improving skin texture and tone: The procedure can help to improve the texture and tone of the skin by reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars.
- Brightening the skin: PRP therapy can help to brighten the skin and even out skin tone by reducing hyperpigmentation.
- Reducing redness: PRP therapy is also said to help reduce redness and inflammation in the skin.
- Non-surgical and no downtime: The procedure is non-surgical, which means it doesn't involve any incisions or cuts. Additionally, it typically doesn't require any downtime, so patients can return to their normal activities immediately after the procedure.
How Long Does a Vampire Facial Take?
A vampire facial typically takes about an hour to complete. The procedure begins with a blood draw, followed by the processing of the blood to separate the platelets. Then, the platelets are re-injected into the face using microneedling or injections. The entire process usually takes about an hour.
Who is a Good Candidate for the Vampire Facial?
A good candidate for this procedure is someone who has signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and sun damage, and is looking for a non-invasive way to improve the appearance of their skin. The procedure may also be beneficial for those with acne scars, hyperpigmentation, or rosacea.